- Welcome cocktails and culinary treats
- Escorts you to your suite for check-in in the privacy of your suite and coordinates your luggage handling
- Provides you with resort and room orientation
- Reviews your personal preferences communicated through your travel professional
- Supplies a cell phone to reach him during your stay
- Offers to unpack your luggage
- Press your first night's clothes complimentary
During Your Stay
- Butler makes your dinner reservations, cabana rentals, spa treatments and any other activities you have added to your stay.
- Reserves your chair at the beach or pool and serves your favorite drinks while you relax
- Serves your lunch at the beach or pool
- Confirms your room is serviced while you are away and ensures it is kept in perfect order
- Ensures your table is arranged at the restaurants of your choice and escorts you to your table with preferential seating, skipping all lines
- Per your request, arranges a perfect romantic dinner for two in the privacy of your suite or patio. They can order from any resort restaurant menu for dining in-suite.
- Shine/clean shoes for dinner
- Tend to your wardrobe
- Collect and return all laundry
- Leaves amenities in your room between meals (per the preferences provided by your travel professional or things he hears you mention during your stay)
- Ensures your bed is turned down and that you have anything you need for the night.
Before your Departure
- Provides you with check out details
- Offers to pack for your departure
- Ensures your bags are brought to the departure area
- Escorts you to the butler lounge to process check out
- Escorts you to your transportation and bids you farewell (i promise you will want to take them home with you, I know I did)
- For the same price as an entry level butler suite at one resort, you can stay in one of the top butler suite at another
- The higher the category of room, the bigger the room and better the view (usually)
- Some rooms have a private plunge pool or tranquility outdoor tub
They will make it abundantly clear that they are at your beck and call, but who can wrap their head around that, right? Remember, this is his job and you are depriving him of what he loves to do. Making the most of your butler experience may include asking him for your favorite drink while you are on the beach, or saving your chair at beach or pool or reserving your table at your favorite restaurant, etc. The more you allow him to get to know you and learn about him and his life on the island, the more you will enjoy your stay. Imagine your surprise when you return from dinner to find this? He mentioned that he heard you mention your feet hurt.
What to Expect?
Ask your travel professional what to expect. Think about how much you hate to pack and unpack, take advantage of his offer. I usually recommend that you unpack a few personal items and leave the rest for him to unpack while you are exploring the resort. Or another idea would be to pack your personal items in a carry on which you unpack and ask the butler to unpack the other bags when they arrive. Here's a little hint, my butler unpacked and packed WAY better than I did.
Remember, the only way they know what you want is if you speak up.
Nothing makes you feel more special than a personal note on your pillow from your butlers reminding you "Love is All You Need".
True VIP Travel Experience is . . . anything you want is at the press of a button.
It's OK to so No. Butler service is not for everyone and that is okay. For those that are not comfortable with the idea, the concierge service at Club Sandals may be the right fit for you. Club Sandals is a quiet lounge offering snacks and drinks and free wifi, tvs and even kindles to borrow.
As you know Sandals has a strict no tipping rule. However, butlers and spa attendants are the only Sandals employees that are able to accept tips from guests. If your butler does an outstanding job enhancing your stay, consider leaving them a tip to show your gratitude. If you aren't sure how to tip them, ask your travel professional.
So is butler service worth every penny? For me it is, but you are the only one that can decide for yourself. The one thing I tell my clients is if you aren't afraid to use your butler service, it is worth every single penny and much, much more!! In my very humble opinion, once you try the butler service, its almost impossible to go back!