“Stay home and hunker down” are not words that I, as a travel professional AND world traveler myself, ever thought I would give as advice. However, with the current COVID-19 situation and the need to be responsible, I totally understand that we all must socially distance ourselves and our family right now to help reduce the impact of this nasty new virus.
But, while I am willingly advising people to NOT travel over the next weeks, I feel very strongly that we will all get through this together and the world will once again open its arms to receive curious visitors. So, while we may not be actively traveling, it is vitally important to keep on DREAMING about your next vacation or adventure.
Since we are staying home, and most schools are closed as well, I thought I would add to the list of travel-themed movies that I sent last week. These moveis can easily be found with the many streaming services that are out there. What better way to spend a couple of hours with your family than watching together, dreaming together and getting inspiration for your next trip
- P.S. I Love You (2007) A young widow discovers that her late husband has left her messages intended to help ease her pain and start a new life. Ireland is the star! In honor of St. Patrick's Day.
NOTE: Read featured item below for some Irish inspiration
- Letters to Juliet (2010): Traveling to Verona, Italy with her busy fiancé, a young American journalist gets involved in an adventure based on a love letter a tourist left at the monument to Romeo & Juliet's unrequired love.
- The Way (2010) - An American father takes the journey on the Camino del Santiago to understand what happened with his son, who died while attempting the journey himself. The beauty of France and Spain is prominently featured.
And especially for the kids (but parents will like these too!)
- Brave (Disney): A great adventure story based in Scotland that also teaches girls that they don't need that handsome prince to be awesome.
- Moana (Disney): The young daughter of the village chief discovers her calling and purpose by rescuing her Hawaiian island from an angry goddess with the entertaining help of the demigod, Maui.
- The Sound of Music: Need I say more? The adventures of the Von Trapp family and their nanny, Maria, set in pre-WWII Austria. A classic!
- Madeline: Lost in Paris: A young schoolgirl in Paris embarks on many misadventures that cause her fellow students and teachers many headaches. Based on the book series.
So, pop some popcorn and cozy up on the couch together and start dreaming! This social distancing thing is looking better already!
When the world calms down and you are ready to turn your new travel dreams into reality, I am here to make it effortless for you….Keep on Traveling!!!